- K&N PRO
- K&N PRO
- WHELEN EURO SERIES
- WHELEN SOUTHERN MOD
- FIND YOUR HOME TRACK
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour holds its second race of the 2012 season at Caraway Speedway on Saturday, April 7 with the Farm Bureau Insurance 150. Below is a statistical look at the performance of selected drivers in the series:
Select Driver Highlights:
Tim Brown (No. 02 Hayes Jewelers/T&C Motorsports Chevrolet)
• Finished second in the season-ending points standings a record three times from 2006-2008.
• Has 74 career NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour starts, ranks second in top-five finishes with 41 and has 61 top-10 finishes.
• Has made 31 starts at Caraway with 24 top-10 and 15 top-five finishes.
• Has seven wins, most recently on Oct. 13, 2011 at Charlotte Motor Speedway’s quarter-mile track.
George Brunnhoelzl III (No. 09 Phoenix Pre-owned Chevrolet)
• The 2009 & 2011 NWSMT champion will attempt to become the first three-time champion this season.
• Owner of 12 wins, 14 poles and 43 top 10s in 57 career NWSMT starts.
• Has six wins and 19 top-10 finishes in 26 starts at Caraway. The last win was on March 31, 2012 at Caraway.
• Also has seven career Coors Light Pole Awards at Caraway.
Frank Fleming (No. 40 Jerry Hunt Auto & Truck Sales/Adams Towing Ford)
Is tied for the most career NWSMT starts with 86 and has only missed one race since 2005.
• Was credited with his first career win as highest finishing NWSMT driver in the UNOH Perfect Storm 150 combination race at Bristol Motor Speedway last season.
• Has 40 starts at Caraway with 26 top-10 and 16 top-five finishes.
L.W. Miller (No. 88 TaxSlayer.com/Speedco Chevrolet)
• The 2007 NWSMT champion – won by 25 points over Tim Brown (1,930-1,905).
• Holds the record for most career wins with 13 in 70 starts. Most recent came win at Bowman Gray Stadium on Aug. 6, 2011.
• Has a win (Martinsville) and 10 top 10s in 75 career NWMT starts.
• Has also made 13 NASCAR Nationwide Series and six NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts during his racing career.
Burt Myers (No. 1 Adams Towing/Citrusafe Ford
• Won the 2010 NWSMT championship.
• Holds NWSMT career records for poles (23), top fives (45) and top 10s (70).
• Has 29 top-10 finishes in 37 career starts at Caraway.
• Picked up his most recent win at Charlotte on Oct. 14, 2010.
• Missed a pair of starts last season due to an injury suffered at a non-NASCAR sanctioned race event and rebounded to finish ninth in the final point standings.
Jason Myers (No. 4 Trantham Moorefield/Wendell Edwards Ford)
• Is tied with Frank Fleming for most career NWSMT starts with 86.
• Picked up his lone win at Bowman Gray on Aug. 5, 2006.
• Has made 40 starts at Caraway with 30 top-10 finishes.
• Has 64 career top-10 finishes.
• Holds the record for consecutive NWSMT starts with 78; started every race since Martinsville on Sept. 5, 2005.
Andy Seuss (No. 11 Phoenix Pre-owned Chevrolet)
• Won last season at Caraway on March 14, Aug. 28, and Oct. 1. He led all 150 laps in his first two wins in March and August, respectively.
• Hampstead, N.H., native has 11 career wins, including a single-season high of four victories in 2009.
• Has 11 wins and 43 top-10 finishes in 57 career NWSMT starts.
• Has made 26 starts at Caraway with six wins and has finished in the top-10 in the past 10 races at the track.
• Also has three top-10 finishes in 24 career NWMT starts.
John Smith (No. 25 Shady Grady Racing Chevrolet)
• Has 30 career NWSMT starts at Caraway and picked up his first win at the track on July 3, 2010.
• Has 44 top-10 finishes in 65 career NWSMT starts.
• Finished in the top 10 in the final points standings four years in a row (2008-2011), with a career-best fifth last year.
Thomas Stinson (No. 7 Cowardin Jewelers Chevrolet)
• Finished second to record his best career finish in 16 starts at Caraway on April 23, 2011.
• Has 15 top-10 and five top-five finishes in 33 career NWSMT starts.
• Has finished in the top three in two of his past four starts at Caraway.
Up To Speed:
George Brunnhoelzl III picked up where he left off at Caraway last fall as he won the season-opening Spring Classic 150 on March 31. It was his fourth win in his past six starts at Caraway Speedway. Gary Fountain Sr. picked up his first career top-10 finish on the tour.
At Caraway Speedway
• The track was built in 1966, initially with a dirt surface, and was later paved and configured to its current size of .455-miles.
• The track has been owned and operated by Russell & Valastra Hackett and their family since 1977. Russell and Valastra handled operations from 1977-2010. In 2011, Russell’s son Darren and his wife Renee assumed day-to-day operations.
• This will be the 41st NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race at Caraway Speedway, the unofficial home track of the tour, and the first of five visits to the track this season.
• A total of six drivers who have visited Victory Lane in the NWSMT races at Caraway will compete this weekend. Leading the group will be L.W. Miller and Brian Loftin, who each have seven wins at the track.
Caraway Speedway Data
Race: #2 of 12 (4/7/12)
Track Layout: .455-mile paved oval
• Race Length: 125 laps (68.25 miles)
• Banking/Corners: 13 degrees
• Banking/Straights: nine degrees
Pos. Driver Points
1. George Brunnhoelzl III 48
2. Jason Myers 42
3. L.W. Miller 41
4. Brandon Ward 40
5. John Smith 39
6. Daniel Hemric 38
7. Brian Loftin 37
8. Burt Myers 36
9. Gary Fountain Sr. 35
10. Rich Kuiken Jr. 34
Active Series Career Leaders
L.W. Miller 13
George Brunnhoelzl III 12
Brian Loftin 11
Andy Seuss 11
Junior Miller 10
Burt Myers 23
George Brunnhoelzl III 14
Brian Loftin 10
Tim Brown 9
Andy Seuss 7
Burt Myers 44
Tim Brown 41
L.W. Miller 38
Andy Seuss 34
Brian Loftin 33
Burt Myers 70
Jason Myers 64
Tim Brown 61
L.W. Miller 58
Frank Fleming 54
L.W. Miller 1,746
Andy Seuss 1,401
George Brunnhoelzl III 1,365
Burt Myers 1,095
Brian Loftin 886
Frank Fleming 86
Jason Myers 86
Burt Myers 83
Tim Brown 74
L.W. Miller 69